MyMigraineConnection.com

See all our sites for your special health needs at www.HealthCentral.com

Migraine

Make a connection, ask a question, share a concern, give advice or just chat. Our message boards connect you with a community of people who understand where you’re coming from and what you’re going through.

Migraine Community  Hop To Forum Categories  MyMigraineConnection  Hop To Forums  Support, Vents, & Gripes    In a TEN of pain

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
In a TEN of pain
 Login/Join 
posted
Going on my 24th hour of a 10/10 migraine...as you all have probably experienced, I'm pretty dysphoric, on the brink of insanity, and trying really hard to distract myself from the pain.

It's in migraines like these that I know why people would drill holes in their skulls for medical treatment. When I think of it, it's actually quite funny how before migraines you'd see pictures depicting such archaic medical practices and think...Who would come up with drilling a hole in someone's head as a form of relief? Let alone, who would be crazy enough to volunteer?

Since I've had migraines, I completely understand the logic behind the practice; your head feels like it's going to explode from the immense pressure that it makes sense to think of drilling a hole to release the pressure.

It certainly doesn't sound crazy to me right now.

-Laura

Posts: 9 | Location: Menomonee Falls, WI | Registered: 07-18-2012Report This Post
<Nancy Harris Bonk>
posted
Oh Laura-CM

You came in here for support and got NOTHING! For that I am deeply sorry for missing your post.

How are you feeling now? I hope the cycle of pain has been broken and you are feeling better.

Let me know, OK?

Report This Post
Forum Moderator
Supreme Guru
Picture of dragondroolHOST
posted Hide Post
Group Hug I'm so sorry I missed your post, too. I hope you're doing much, much better now. Group Hug

As for volunteering for trepanning, there have been times I've been tempted. I can picture it feeling like a big release valve being turned and letting out all the ick in one whoosh. That can be pretty tempting imagery when things have drug on too long.

Dragondrool
Forum Moderator

~~8=:>>>>

Posts: 6478 | Location: Montana | Registered: 01-11-2007Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
We all so understand. Only a migraineur understands why there are moments when self decapitation actually sounds like a logical solution.

Amy

Posts: 360 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 06-22-2009Report This Post
Master
Picture of Dutchess
posted Hide Post
Laura, hang in there. We've all been there. Don't forget to read everything on migraines. Get as much info as you can it helps. I hate that I miss your post also.

Sometimes you do feel like you are losing you mind. I hope you will keep posting someone will get it.

Here are some hugs Group Hug Group Hug if you have another migraine.

Hang in there.

Dutchess

Posts: 318 | Location: Wichita, Ks | Registered: 08-19-2009Report This Post