MyMigraineConnection.com

See all our sites for your special health needs at www.HealthCentral.com

Migraine

Make a connection, ask a question, share a concern, give advice or just chat. Our message boards connect you with a community of people who understand where you’re coming from and what you’re going through.

Migraine Community  Hop To Forum Categories  MyMigraineConnection  Hop To Forums  Must-Reads 4 Migraine & Headaches    Trigger Point Therapy for Headachs and Migraines

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Trigger Point Therapy for Headachs and Migraines
 Login/Join 
Master
Picture of Cris1971
posted
Trigger Point Therapy for Headachs and Migraines by Valerie De Laune.

I just got this book because I have not been able to aford massage and I am realy hurting. The book is writen is 2008 so some of the information on migraine is not up to date, but some things seem to be ahead of their time.

The most intersting thing I read is that the Dr who pioneered trigger point injection was origonaly a cardiologist.She did work with patients who after a cardiack event were still experiencing pain. She became the first White House Physcian and worked closly with President Kennedy. One cool lady

The ilistrations are clear, and easy to follow. Her style of writing is easy to follow. The other thing I love is that the only thing you need are some balls of diffrent sizes. Easy enough to dig through a toy box and find.

I am commited to focasing at least 20 min a day on this program, I will keep you posted on how things go.

<Nancy Harris Bonk>
posted
Hi Cris,

I wonder if this is similar to acupressure therapy? Working on 'trigger points' in our body that connect with certain organs. Just a thought

Report This Post
Master
Picture of Cris1971
posted Hide Post
Yep it is, its funny because the Dr's do not even realize its the same thing. If you read in the acupuncture books they make quite a few refrences to that fact=) "There is nothing new under the sun" So very true.

So far I have had realy good progress with my TMJ, I have also been able to lower the dosage on my Zanaflex, my neck is much happier. Its so much easier to keep up with something that gives you obvious results.