MyMigraineConnection.com

See all our sites for your special health needs at www.HealthCentral.com

Migraine

Make a connection, ask a question, share a concern, give advice or just chat. Our message boards connect you with a community of people who understand where you’re coming from and what you’re going through.

Migraine Community  Hop To Forum Categories  MyMigraineConnection  Hop To Forums  Personal, Off-Topic, Jokes, Etc.    Anyone here an empath, have that "extra sense" etc

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Anyone here an empath, have that "extra sense" etc
 Login/Join 
Novice
Picture of FluffyPants007
posted
I see dead people. I do, well I sense them more than see, but have seen a few. My real grandfather is Indian, born and died on a reservation, my mom said he was sensitive and very in tune with the earth. And I guess I got that from him. He also saw dead people and suffered from headaches.

I noticed that a lot of "sensitive" people are prone to migraines. I found quite a lot of forums for sensitive types and many many topics regarding migraines in them.

With mars in retrograde and the full moon these last two nights my brain is on fire. Cant sleep etc. I woke up the other night with this horrible pain in the middle of my forehead and also a horrible queasy stomach and I was like WTF...found out that exactly at the minute I woke up there was a solar flare storm. For about an hour after I had this stomach and head thing, then as quick as it appeared it was gone. I however could not go back to sleep.

My chiropractors hubby has psychic abilities he inherited from his mom although thats not his day job, and he always trips out on me when he sees me and says that he hasn't met very many people like me. What that means I have no idea. In fact every time I meet someone who has abilities they always say they rarely meet someone like me. Im waiting for someone to actually explain that to me...
Even when we went to New Orleans we went into a psychic shop at my dudes request b/c he wanted to see what they said about me. I picked up a crystal from a bowl and it was burning hot and I was like ouch. I didn't think anything of it and then the cashier girl said something to the psychic behind the curtain and she came out and was like blah blah blah energy from the earth, energy from people blah blah blah. I tuned it out and continued to drink my yard of margarita.

Lots of rambling above Im well aware, just seeing if any other migraineurs share my "special" ability.

Save a life, adopt a shelter companion!

"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant

Posts: 84 | Location: Oakland, Ca | Registered: 11-25-2010Report This Post
Apprentice
Picture of Melanie Jane
posted Hide Post
My sister is the one who sees and speaks with the dead and I'm the one with the severe migraines - how it worked out that way, I don't know. Seriously though, "sensitive types" and migraine both run in our family. I'm fairly telepathic, especially with my immediate family, though I'll often "cue in" that someone I haven't seen or heard from in a long time is thinking about me, confirmed when they call or email the next day, that sort of thing. I've also had my own occasional "sensing the dead" encounters. I don't see them, just know they are there and usually get whatever thoughts/feelings they are trying to convey. But my sister's the one who actually channels information both ways across "the veil" at will. We don't talk about this much, and I hope this topic isn't too out there for this forum, but I do believe it's all part of the same picture in some way - that being super sensitive to your environment is what also allows you to hear, sense, see, feel things that "normal" folk may not have the same awareness of.

This is an interesting topic with many layers to it, thanks for starting it, FluffyPants. Unfortunately, I'll have to come back to it later, I must go make dinner now!

Posts: 227 | Location: LA County, California | Registered: 02-25-2009Report This Post
Novice
Picture of FluffyPants007
posted Hide Post
For me its more of sensing and feeling the presence of the deceased. I can not communicate in any way. But I often see how they passed etc and its usually I take on their emotions. But I never get a headache from this.
My grandfather was able to do the same and when I finally told my mom last summer that some weird stuff happened to me, she said "I was wondering who would inherit this trait" then she told me about my biological grandfather and his sister.

Ive been trying to ask fellow migraine sufferers at work and in my personal life the same question with out coming across like a creep-o so far I haven't made any progress. I do talk openly about it with my chiro who also gets migraines and can take on others emotions as well.

It's funny now that I think about it, when I was little I was able to sense people all the time and got migraines. I put it out of my head when I was jr high, high school and college and now that I'm older and ok with sensing emotions and the headaches came back. Not sure if there is a correlation.

Regarding this being a too far out there topic for this community, we might be surprised at how many people might experience the same thing....

I do not go and seek out the departed, it just happens to me like when I go to authentic estate sales (not the garage sales people pass off as estate sales....lol) or when my husband and I were looking to buy a house.
But my friends do often ask for me to join them when they are apartment and house hunting...lol!!

Save a life, adopt a shelter companion!

"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant

Posts: 84 | Location: Oakland, Ca | Registered: 11-25-2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I never thought of it as taking on the feelings of the deceased but I often feel connected to certain beings whom I knew and loved. I often tell my husband that I know his friend, who died prematurely, is very happy now. I also feel this confident positive feeling about our much-loved dog, and even lately my mom who passed away several years ago after an awful, debilitating stroke. I don't usually feel negative feelings - just positive. And only about beings that I knew well.

Regarding sensitivity, I regard my migraine disease as a curse and a blessing. I think I sense and perceive things that others miss. I feel my life is somehow richer and deeper than others. I pay a price when I am sick or groggy from migraines but at other times I think I may have heightened awareness that brings goodness to my life.

Master
Picture of kiwiE-J
posted Hide Post
My mums side of the family connected with the "deceased" but further down the bloodlines my family chose to be Christians (I am agnostic) my mum and her mother claimed to have seen or felt what they would call " unclean spirits" in other words nasty beings that would scare them. I too have seen, felt, even smelt what I thought were the "deceased" I remember when my grandmother (on my dads side) was dying of cancer, she was in a coma and I was at school, I smelt this smell that smelled like her necrotic wound mixed with lavender, ad gross as that sounds, that was how she smelled in her last days and it was comforting because that how my beautiful grandma smelled!lol

There is a strong migraine genetics on my mums side, along with this psychic thing too... I now really struggle with what I believe now, I was heavily involved in the church and have experienced all sorts and have since left, but still believing in god with the ability to experience him/her/it in ways outside the church, or the norm

Recently however I've been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, in the past I have experienced a major bout in depression where I lost complete control on reality and had a psychotic break (I thought I was possessed and heard voices, one which is a woman's voice which is vindictive and nasty and controlled me, the other a mans voice which I like to call the man of mysteries because it makes no sense lol I still hear the mans voice, it's normal for me, but the other one I hear only when I'm unwell)

I find when I'm manic I experience those nasty "unclean spirits" that my mum and nana would call it, and I see people, lately a man who I keep seeing in our bathroom and wardrobe and experience the feeling of fear and anxiety, others don't see them.... I sometimes later get migrane during those moments too...

I simply don't know what's what really, after studying theology and spiritual formation in an academic environment along with being diagnosed with mental illness I'm naturally a skeptic!

But I am eager to learn more if anyone has any links they can post

Smile... it makes people wonder what you're thinking about

Posts: 333 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 09-23-2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi, Maybe this is a little off topic, but I had dreadful migraines about once every week. I also have bad back pain. Husband is wonderful, but I think he feels out of control when I get these- helpless. Anyway, husband is into all that stuff- spirituality and all, and new a real magician. He mentioned I get migraines all the time to him, and this guy offered to heal them. But he said he needed my permission first. Needless to say I'll try hard drugs at this stage! but the last migraine was on the 31st of Jan, and so far i'm still keeping my fingers crossed =)