MyMigraineConnection.com

See all our sites for your special health needs at www.HealthCentral.com

Migraine

Make a connection, ask a question, share a concern, give advice or just chat. Our message boards connect you with a community of people who understand where you’re coming from and what you’re going through.

Migraine Community  Hop To Forum Categories  MyMigraineConnection  Hop To Forums  Bloggers/Writers Needing Migraine or HA Education    a "blog" entry that's just so wrong

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
a "blog" entry that's just so wrong
 Login/Join 
Novice
posted
Came across this as part of an RSS feed of migraine-related links tonight. I didn't click on the link at the end, mainly because the information leading up to their so-called "30-second cure" just ticked me off.

If anyone either has an account or can figure out how to tell them how incredibly misleading they are, that might be a good thing...

What Causes Migraines and What are the Best Migraine Treatments

Head Banging

~Rachel

Posts: 79 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Registered: 11-30-2008Report This Post
Grand Wizard
Picture of DebMomm
posted Hide Post
quote:
If anyone either has an account or can figure out how to tell them how incredibly misleading they are, that might be a good thing...

What I found interesting (funny, not haha funny) was the percentages she had for people who said X,Y or Z was a trigger. Where did she get those?

And 20 million people world wide have migraines? Interesting since it's about 36 million just in the US.

Deb

Posts: 2493 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: 01-13-2007Report This Post
Maven
Picture of Heather
posted Hide Post
I clicked on the link and it, of course, takes you to another site that it advertising a cure all. Here's something funny from the website once you click:
quote:
Be warned: There is both Good and Very Bad information about migraines on the internet. The major problem is that there seems to be a LOT of misinformation and Bad advice and not as much Good advice, which means that Good Information is hard to find.

I find warnings from websites like this one funny because I think this one is one of those "Bad Information" websites.

Heather
Living one day at a time; Enjoying one moment at a time; Accepting hardship as the pathway to Peace.

Posts: 631 | Location: Grand Prairie (Dallas), TX | Registered: 03-27-2008Report This Post
<MedievalWriter>
posted
Hmmm...

From the order page near the bottom:

quote:
Am I Crazy?

I'm afraid that's for you to decide!

Well, I decide that he is probably wrong that he's cured Migraine and that I should keep my $19.95. Yes

Report This Post