MyMigraineConnection.com

See all our sites for your special health needs at www.HealthCentral.com

Migraine

Make a connection, ask a question, share a concern, give advice or just chat. Our message boards connect you with a community of people who understand where you’re coming from and what you’re going through.

Migraine Community  Hop To Forum Categories  MyMigraineConnection  Hop To Forums  Doctors & Clinics    NY Headache Ctr. Dr. Mauskop

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
NY Headache Ctr. Dr. Mauskop
 Login/Join 
Apprentice
posted
I have decided to see a doc at the NY Headache Center. Has anyone been there? I wanted to see Dr. Mauskop but he does not take insurance and he charges $700 a visit! Yes, you read that right! Holy Cow! So intead I will be seeing Dr. Lisa Yablon.

I will be flying up in August to go there from FL. My family lives in NJ so I'll just drive in to NYC. I really hope this visit will be worth it and that I get some answers and a plan to tackle my migraines. I have had migraines since I was a little girl. I have been on preventatives since I was 17, I'm now 38. I have tried botox, acupuncture, mag infusions, biofeeback and vitamins and supplements. Being on 4 preventatives now I am still getting migraines 3 times a week. I love my neuro down here but we are just not making much progress. Please pray for me that they can help me.
Thanks

Posts: 108 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: 09-17-2007Report This Post
Master
Picture of JennyHOST
posted Hide Post
Hi Jennifer!

I don't have personal experience with the NY Headache Center docs, but I wanted you to know that I'll keep you in my prayers! I sure hope this doc turns out to be "the one!"

Please be sure to come back and let us know how your visit goes.

I sure hope someone with experience with your docs comes along to share experiences with you...

JennyC
Forum Moderator

Posts: 354 | Location: PA | Registered: 04-02-2011Report This Post
Picture of calm.and.clamor
posted Hide Post
Hi Jennifer,

I just wanted to suggest that you also look into NeurOasis in NYC if you're travelling to NY from Florida for migraine treatment/care. I've seen Mauskop, and although his initial infusion of magnesium DID help for a little while, seeing him was definitely not a sustainable solution for me, in part because of the exorbitant price and in part because when the magnesium stopped working (which happens to me with many migraine treatments - and I've heard that it happens to other migraine patients as well) he refused to believe that I was following his treatment plan...in addition to the obvious frustration this caused me, it also made it impossible for me to get ongoing support or treatment at/from the NY Headache Center, because they were unwilling to give me any advice beyond what they'd already given (and were insisting I must not be following). Anyway, I wish you the best of luck with whatever doctor/clinic you decide to go to in NY (and/or elsewhere) and I can't guarantee anything about NeurOasis, since I just recently started going there myself...but I wanted to suggest it as one more option/place to explore when you are in NYC...

-- A

quote:
Originally posted by Jennifer:
I have decided to see a doc at the NY Headache Center. Has anyone been there? I wanted to see Dr. Mauskop but he does not take insurance and he charges $700 a visit! Yes, you read that right! Holy Cow! So intead I will be seeing Dr. Lisa Yablon.

I will be flying up in August to go there from FL. My family lives in NJ so I'll just drive in to NYC. I really hope this visit will be worth it and that I get some answers and a plan to tackle my migraines. I have had migraines since I was a little girl. I have been on preventatives since I was 17, I'm now 38. I have tried botox, acupuncture, mag infusions, biofeeback and vitamins and supplements. Being on 4 preventatives now I am still getting migraines 3 times a week. I love my neuro down here but we are just not making much progress. Please pray for me that they can help me.
Thanks

Posts: 1 | Location: New York, NY | Registered: 08-27-2011Report This Post
<Nancy Harris Bonk>
posted
Hello and welcome to our forum family! Our goal is to provide everyone with the information and support that we all need to manage our Migraines and/or headaches. To that end, we consider this a “safe harbor,” where nobody tries to sell us anything, and we all use “family-friendly” language so parents are comfortable letting their children read the forum with them.

Please take a few minutes to review our policies and guidelines along with the other information in the START HERE folder. For information about Migraines, a good article to begin with is Learning About Migraines - Where to Start.

We look forward to hearing more from you and will you keep us posted on your progress at NeurOasis?

Report This Post