MyMigraineConnection.com

See all our sites for your special health needs at www.HealthCentral.com

Migraine

Make a connection, ask a question, share a concern, give advice or just chat. Our message boards connect you with a community of people who understand where you’re coming from and what you’re going through.

Migraine Community  Hop To Forum Categories  MyMigraineConnection  Hop To Forums  Questions or Comments for Teri &/or Ellen    Body Pain with Migraine

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Body Pain with Migraine
 Login/Join 
Maven
Picture of Melissa Z
posted
Hi Teri and Nancy,

I was going to post this in General Discussion, but it's a little technical and one of the more rare symptoms. I have serious pain in my whole right side during my migraines, and yesterday I finally found a real name for that pain. I decided to put it in a seach online, and actually came up with a medical journal abstract on it. The name for the pain is Migrainous Corpalgia. In the September 2007 issue of Cephalgia (how's that for obscure?) there was an article (although I can only pull up the abstract) about a case study of three women who had this symptom with their migraines. Dr. Young from Jefferson has his name on the abstract.

I'm just happy to know this is a real symptom, and I'm not crazy, but I sure would like to know more about it. Do you ladies know anything about it? My pain is always right-sided, just like my migraines. All the way down to my toes. It concentrates in the joints, and stops at the midline.

Here's a LINK to the original page I found. It looks like they think it is in the same "symptom family" as allodynia, and possibly related to central sensitization. Anything you can find out about this would be more than I know now. Smiler

Like I said, I'm just relieved to know it actually is a migraine symptom. I really felt like maybe I was a little nuts. (Well, maybe I am a little, but at least I know this isn't why). Big Grin

Thanks!

Be well,
Melissa

Posts: 507 | Location: Pittsburgh,PA | Registered: 05-12-2008Report This Post
<Nancy Harris Bonk>
posted
Ohhh, I love new stuff. I am off to read it now.

But let's not self-diagnose ok? And I know you are not crazy.........

Report This Post
Maven
Picture of Melissa Z
posted Hide Post
My docs (both my PCP and my neuro) did say the right sided pain was from my migraines, they just look at me funny when I ask for some relief. Roll Eyes I think I worded my original post wrong. (What a surprise!)

I was happy to find a name attached to it, is what I meant, I think. Wink Topamax makes me silly. It keeps my 15-year-old daughter well entertained, though.

Be well,
Melissa

Master
Picture of Dutchess
posted Hide Post
My doctor said that she suspects my right hip is part of migraine attacks. My ranage of motion is limited for days. But my doctor has given me samples of 60mg of Cymbolta. Doctor thinks it will help with the right side pain. I'm not so sure but, am willing to try it. I still have my pool theapy also. That feels so good. I get so tired afterwards. So I just sleep.

Chillin toodles

Dutchess

Posts: 318 | Location: Wichita, Ks | Registered: 08-19-2009Report This Post
Grand Wizard
Picture of DebMomm
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have serious pain in my whole right side during my migraines, and yesterday I finally found a real name for that pain.

Are your migraines on the same side as your pain?

Deb

Posts: 2493 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: 01-13-2007Report This Post
Maven
Picture of Melissa Z
posted Hide Post
Deb,

Yes, my migraines are on the same side as the pain. Once in a blue moon, I'll have a left-sided migraine, but it usually doesn't spread the way a right sided migraine will. It may affect my left arm, but has never affected my left leg. My right hip and leg is almost always affected during a right-sided migraine.

Be well,
Melissa

Master
Picture of Dutchess
posted Hide Post
Good Morning:

I was debating with myself to ask you this question or to anyone this has happen. Embarrassed I am losing my hair again on my right side of my head. It's the same side of my hip pain and migraines. It frightens me my doctor doesn't have an answer for me.

Have you or anyone ever had this happen?

Posts: 318 | Location: Wichita, Ks | Registered: 08-19-2009Report This Post
Grand Wizard
Picture of DebMomm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes, my migraines are on the same side as the pain.

Interesting. It's the same with me; left side migraine, left side body pain.

Deb

Posts: 2493 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: 01-13-2007Report This Post