MyMigraineConnection.com

See all our sites for your special health needs at www.HealthCentral.com

Migraine

Make a connection, ask a question, share a concern, give advice or just chat. Our message boards connect you with a community of people who understand where you’re coming from and what you’re going through.

Migraine Community  Hop To Forum Categories  MyMigraineConnection  Hop To Forums  General Discussion    Fasting
Page 1 2 

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Fasting
 Login/Join 
Master
Picture of Cris1971
posted
Had a Dr apt today, I am on the start of a week countdown to my water fast so here is the plan. Day 1 cut out all prossed foods sugar and dairy, Day 2, Cut out meat and breads and pasta. Day 3, and 4, eat only fruit veggies rice and potatoes, seads and nuts. Day 5 cut out seads nuts and starches. Day 6 eat only steames veggies, veggie juice and veggie soup. Day 7 only veggie soup.

Then the water fast begins, my goal is 3 weeks but we will see how long I can go. I will have my blood work checked every 3 days. I will see the Dr 1 time a week. I have the medications I cant take without food in supository form.

When my Dr first sugested this I was supprized I thought no food just water for a extended period of time that is crazy, then I read the book Fasting for health and healing By Joal Fuhrman MD. Also the website allaboutfasting.com has tons of information on all the diffrent types of fasting. I am so excited for this. I am so ready.

<Nancy Harris Bonk>
posted
Hi Cris,

Good luck with the fasting plan. I have a few reservations about the small amount of food that is consumed. Reducing food intake that drastically, or making any kind of drastic changes in our body can trigger a Migraine in an already sensitive person.

Keep us posted on how you are doing? Just curious, and forgive me if you've posted this elsewhere, what is the fasting for? What are the goals?

Report This Post
Master
Picture of Cris1971
posted Hide Post
The goal is to let my digestive system "rest" and "reset" I have so many food sensitivitys that I end up feeling sick every time I eat anything. I have had migraines everyday 24/7 for 2 1/2 years, so even if they get a little worse it dose not realy matter at this point.

I figure I have tried about everything els. Whay not give this a go. Its very intersting to learn how your body dose all of these amazing changes when it dose not have to prosses food. I will deffinitly be checking in to let everyone know how it go's.

The website allaboutfasting.com has good info

<Nancy Harris Bonk>
posted
Thanks for the info Cris, let us know how you make out!

Report This Post
Forum Moderator
Supreme Guru
Picture of dragondroolHOST
posted Hide Post
Good luck! Fingers Crossed

Dragondrool
Forum Moderator

~~8=:>>>>

Posts: 6478 | Location: Montana | Registered: 01-11-2007Report This Post
Master
Picture of Cris1971
posted Hide Post
Tomorrow is day 1 of my water fast! I am so ready I have done 1 1/2 week of a detox diet, a bit longer that I was planning but I think it was a good choice for me. I need to get my labs done tomorrow. I went to do them last week but they could not get a good vein, of course. So tommorow lots of waer and good thought and hopefully they can get some blood.

Master
Picture of Cris1971
posted Hide Post
Day 1 of my water fast, its 6:00 pm and I am just now getting hungry. Its nothing to bad. So far I have noticed bad breath as the biggest symptom. I had an amazingly easy time with my Labs today, 1 stick and that was it, I was realy supprized.
Now I am hoping I can get a good nights sleep.

Forum Moderator
Supreme Guru
posted Hide Post
Good Luck Root! Root! Root!

Dragondrool
Forum Moderator

Master
Picture of Cris1971
posted Hide Post
Day 2 of my water fast.

I start to feel a little hunger in the evenings. I also have noticed my migraine pain to go up a few notches but as soon as I feel it I drink more water and it comes back down. Its exciting because I have been told over, and over, again "drink more water and it will hep your head pain". Well in the past 2 1/2 years it never made a diffrence, so I feel that there is somthing changing in my body for sure.

I am having a bit of acid reflux, or heart burn, its uncomfortable but nothing crazy. I think its more of the fact that I would alway take a tums or something to make ot go away, and now I am just sitting with it. Its a diffrent feeling just sitting with something and not trying to fix it. I have some pepermint oil and I am going to try rubbing that on my stomach and see if it helps any. I realy think it just my stomach getting used to being empty.

Body odor is deffinitly changing. I have switched to a natural deoderant and I dont think it works at all, so I keep washing up in the sink lol.

My energy has been pety good, I did some PT exercized today. I basicly toldmy kids my room is odd limits unless there is an emergancy. So far I have had peace and quiet. I guess us migrainures have well trained children, well at least quiet ones.

I have been reading up on fasts and watching peoples journeys on Youtube and it inspired me to do a vedio journal. I have no idea how to post to Youtube so as soon as I figure it out I will post the channel so you guya can watch if you like.

I am very excited, its supposed to be 48 hrs for a womans body to change from using glucose to changing over to ketosis and start transforming your fat into glucose. So I am excited to see how I feel tomorrow. Most people seem to have more energy on the 3rd and 4th day.

Dr apt tommorow and more labs. Thanks for all the good vibes.

<Nancy Harris Bonk>
posted
Looking forward to the updates.

Report This Post
Master
Picture of Cris1971
posted Hide Post
So, somehow I lost my Day one video. Youtube ate it I guess, but here is the link to day 2.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?...youtube_gdata_player

Master
Picture of Cris1971
posted Hide Post
I made it through the entire 21 days of my water fast!

I have been doing much better. I am off of allmost all of my medication. A Zanaflex a few times a week at most, no nausea meds and in the past month I have only taken pain meds 2-3 dyas. I wnt from taking 12-14 pills a day between the muscle relaxers and nausea meds and all the preventitives and on and on. Now I dont take anything daily. I have much more energy and am sleeping so great, I fall asleep and stay asleep. I wake up in the morning refreshed, that in its self is huge. I had this strange rash for over a year, I had been using a topical Rx steroid cream witch helped a little. Now its compleatly gone. I have much less brain fog, I can help my kids with their homework, and I drove for the first time in a year the other day!

I have found out that its not so much what I eat that tirggers a migraine, its the act of chewing that is the problem. My TMJ flairs realy bad and it compleatly messes up my head. Its frusterating because I have been eating realy realy well, mostly veggies, rice and beans with a little meat and dairly 2 x a week. But even eating a salad can be too much, I had a killer migraine Sunday night it was up around a 8 I know it was from eating hard veggies..... So for now I am cooking all my veggies and trying not to feel like I am eating baby food lol.

The nausea and vertigo, aura, light and sound sensitivity and tinitus are much improved. I feel I have a better grasp on what is a migraine and what is a tention headach. Although I never seem to compleatly get away from the aura, light and sound issues so that is a bit confusing.

My Dr was amazing, so incredably supportive. I will definitly do this again, she said once a year is good for most people, I would like do do a shorter one before the weather gets hot. Maybe a 10 day, she said that as long as my labs look good that would be fine.

I realy love the consept of getting out of your bodys way and letting it heal its self. I did not have very high expectation going into this, but I was pleasently supprised.

Master
Picture of Cris1971
posted Hide Post
Great news, my Endocronologist ran my labs after my fast and my cortsol levles are compleatly normal. His note reads "Are you sure you did not take your am dose of hydrocortizone before getting your labs done? Your levles are compleatly normal" I am so excited. I have had absolutly no cortisol in my body for the last 3 times I had my labs done. They even doubble checked because the levles were so abnormaly low. To go from that to being normal is nothing short of amazing!

Forum Moderator
Supreme Guru
posted Hide Post
Yes Sounds like things are looking up! Hoorays all the way around!

Dragondrool
Forum Moderator

Master
Picture of Cris1971
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I am looking forward to seeing the long term results.