MyMigraineConnection.com

See all our sites for your special health needs at www.HealthCentral.com

Migraine

Make a connection, ask a question, share a concern, give advice or just chat. Our message boards connect you with a community of people who understand where you’re coming from and what you’re going through.

Migraine Community  Hop To Forum Categories  MyMigraineConnection  Hop To Forums  START HERE: Forum Guidelines and Policies    Forum Guidelines and Policies

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Forum Guidelines and Policies
 Login/Join 
MMC Lead Expert
Supreme Guru
Picture of Teri Robert
posted
MyMigraineConnection Forum Guidelines and Policies

Welcome to the Forum!

The purpose of this forum is to provide people with Migraine disease and /or headaches – as well as their families and other concerned persons – with a safe and friendly environment in which we may share information and support.

To that end, please observe the following guidelines and policies:
  • Please remember to use “family-friendly” language at all times, including when you select your user ID. We have members as young as 13, and some younger children read our forum with their parents. Therefore, please remember to stick to language that parents are comfortable with their children reading. Disguising a word is the same as using it, so please don’t.
  • Conversation does not have to be limited to Migraines and headaches. Other topics that impact your life have a place here too. Choose the appropriate folder and post away!
  • The “Golden Rule of Forums:” Speak to others as you expect to be spoken to – politely and with respect. Flaming and disrespect are not permitted. If someone says something that pushes your buttons, please reread what you write before posting it.
  • Please do not post to promote a product or service that you are selling or from which you benefit financially. This is considered spamming. Such posts will be deleted, and the membership of the person posting it may be forfeit. The same policy pertains to surveys, studies, interviews, and clinical trials. Please do not post a survey or ask people to participate in a survey, study, or trial elsewhere without prior approval of Teri Robert (terimmc@helpforheadaches.com) or Ellen Schnakenberg (ellenschnak@gmail.com).
  • Sharing what works for you and suggesting that others discuss it with their doctors is encouraged. However, please do not give medical advice here. It is neither safe nor legal. Posts that offer medical advice will be deleted.
  • Please remember not to coy and post content from other sources. It is most likely copyrighted content. If you want to share information, please post only a paragraph or two and a link so anyone who wants to can read the rest.
  • If you are posting medical information, please share its source.
  • Please be aware that Migraine is a genetic neurological disease for which, at this time, there is no cure. Please do not post links to sites that promise a cure.
  • Please do not post your email address or phone number. Spammers love this, and we hate spammers!
  • Learn and have fun!

Are you a healthcare professional? Welcome! Please keep these points in mind when you post:
  • When you're here, enjoy yourself! Post as a Migraineur or headache patient, not as a medical professional, please.
  • The HealthCentral Network (THCN) contracts with healthcare professionals to provide expert information on our sites. To avoid any confusion, please don't list your medical credentials after your name (MD, RN, etc.). We ask that only healthcare professionals who are contracted with THCN do so.
  • We ask you, as we ask all of our members, not to give medical advice here. As a medical professional, you realize that giving advice to patients whom you have not examined is risky at best.
  • Members who see other members discussing their experiences as healthcare professionals tend to think that those member are contracted with THCN and ask them for medical advice. So, again, here, you are a forum member, not a healthcare professional. Please do not discuss your practice.

To read the HealthCentral Terms of Service, click HERE.

Teri Robert
Lead Health Guide, HealthCentral Migraine Community
terimmc@helpforheadaches.com

Author of Living Well with Migraine Disease and Headaches

Stay up-to-date on Migraine info with my free weekly newsleter. Subscribe here

visit me on or

Posts: 4220 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 01-11-2007Report This Post
Novice
posted Hide Post
Thanks for outlining everything in one place, Teri!

Abi

Posts: 64 | Location: DC Area | Registered: 09-03-2006Report This Post
MMC Lead Expert
Supreme Guru
Picture of Teri Robert
posted Hide Post
Hey there, Abi!

You're welcome.

quote:
Originally posted by Abi:
Thanks for outlining everything in one place, Teri!

Teri Robert

visit me on or

Picture of Sunrise
posted Hide Post
I just want to thank you and everyone else who keeps this website going. The articles have been a blessing. The testimonies of other migraine patients have amazed me. Thank you for the time you and others have given to this website.

Sincerely,
Sunrise

MMC Lead Expert
Supreme Guru
Picture of Teri Robert
posted Hide Post
Sunrise,

-:¦:-•:*'""*:•.-:¦:-•*Hello!*•-:¦:-•:*'''''*:•-:¦:-•*Welcome to the family!*•-:¦:- •:*'""*:•.-:¦:-

You're very welcome! If you need information that you don't see, let us know, and we'll help you find it.

Obviously, you've already found this folder with our guidelines, but I'm going to give you the standard welcome info anyway.

Hello and welcome to our forum family! Our goal is to provide everyone with the information and support that we all need to manage our Migraines and/or headaches. To that end, we consider this a “safe harbor,” where nobody tries to sell us anything, and we all use “family-friendly” language so parents are comfortable letting their children read the forum with them.

Please take a few minutes to review our policies and guidelines along with the other information in the START HERE folder. For information about Migraines, a good article to begin with is Learning About Migraines - Where to Start.

Welcome again!

quote:
Originally posted by Sunrise:
I just want to thank you and everyone else who keeps this website going. The articles have been a blessing. The testimonies of other migraine patients have amazed me. Thank you for the time you and others have given to this website.

Sincerely,
Sunrise

Teri Robert

visit me on or

Picture of Glo
posted Hide Post
Hello first time here!!!

Master
Picture of JennyHOST
posted Hide Post
Hi Glo!

I know you've already found this folder, but I'll give you the "standard" welcome we give to everyone around these parts:

-:¦:-•:*'""*:•.-:¦:-•*Hello!*•-:¦:-•:*'''''*:•-:¦:-•*Welcome to the family!*•-:¦:- •:*'""*:•.-:¦:-

Hello and welcome to our forum family! Our goal is to provide everyone with the information and support that we all need to manage our Migraines and/or headaches. To that end, we consider this a “safe harbor,” where nobody tries to sell us anything, and we all use “family-friendly” language so parents are comfortable letting their children read the forum with them.

Please take a few minutes to review our policies and guidelines along with the other information in the START HERE folder. For information about Migraines, a good article to begin with is Learning About Migraines - Where to Start.

I'm glad you found us! Are you a migraine sufferer? Or do you know someone else who is? I look forward to hearing more from you soon!

JennyC
Forum Moderator

Posts: 354 | Location: PA | Registered: 04-02-2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
hi how can i chat with people?

Forum Moderator
Supreme Guru
Picture of dragondroolHOST
posted Hide Post

If you're asking how to chat privately with someone, it isn't possible, I'm afraid. That function is disabled on our forum. The only way to carry on a conversation here is to post in the threads of the forum itself, either in new threads you create or in existing ones. This way, we can all benefit from the discussion.

Dragondrool
Forum Moderator

~~8=:>>>>

Posts: 6478 | Location: Montana | Registered: 01-11-2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
OK thanks! Is there a more frequently visited place on this forum that I can go to get quicker responses? I am new to this still....

Novice
Picture of FluffyPants007
posted Hide Post
What are the "trigger words".

My posts keep getting flagged and I can't tell what words are getting the flags. I don't use any foul language but I have terrible punctuation.
Is there a list I can check?

Save a life, adopt a shelter companion!

"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant

Posts: 84 | Location: Oakland, Ca | Registered: 11-25-2010Report This Post
Novice
posted Hide Post
Hi

It keeps happening again and again. "your post will need to be approved b/c there are trigger words"

What are they? I don't offer medical advice, I don't swear...Please help!

"He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
--Immanuel Kant

MMC Lead Expert
Supreme Guru
Picture of Teri Robert
posted Hide Post
I approved a message a few minutes ago that was held for moderation because you used the @. And was it you who posted about Midrin this morning? Unfortunately, we've had a rash of spammers posting illegal links about Midrin, so it's had to be added to the spam filter. Nancy and I try to keep an eye on the moderation queue and get things approved as quickly as possible.

quote:
Originally posted by FluffyPants007:
Hi

It keeps happening again and again. "your post will need to be approved b/c there are trigger words"

What are they? I don't offer medical advice, I don't swear...Please help!

Teri Robert

visit me on or

Novice
posted Hide Post
ahhhh got it!

I really have been scrutinizing my posts, looking for words that could be triggers like slang etc.

I rewrote the post about low side effects 4 x (with the 4th being ok), if the others got approved Ill check it out an delete the duplicates.

--Immanuel Kant