MyMigraineConnection.com

See all our sites for your special health needs at www.HealthCentral.com

Migraine

Make a connection, ask a question, share a concern, give advice or just chat. Our message boards connect you with a community of people who understand where you’re coming from and what you’re going through.

Migraine Community  Hop To Forum Categories  MyMigraineConnection  Hop To Forums  Questions and Answers    Sore after a migraine.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Sore after a migraine.
 Login/Join 
Master
Picture of Dutchess
posted
My head gets really sore after a migraine. Just on my right side by my ear, jaw and eyes and top of head. I can't comb my hair very well any more. Are there any other ways to help with a sore head? Frowner Felt kind of petty for asking but it's just bothersome went meds don't work for this part of the migraine.

Dutchess

Posts: 318 | Location: Wichita, Ks | Registered: 08-19-2009Report This Post
Grand Wizard
Picture of Cindy
posted Hide Post
Dutchess, nothing you ask about migraines is petty. Without asking, you don't learn!!

My head, the skin of my scalp, is very tender after a migraine. Massaging it with the balls of my fingertips, a shampoo with the same massaging action or ice feels really good on it. I've not tried anyother way to deal with it. Those do help.

Take care.

Posts: 2136 | Location: Fairfield, CA (San Francisco Bay Area) | Registered: 01-10-2008Report This Post
Supreme Guru
Picture of Eileen Gray
posted Hide Post
I feel that way sometimes. I feel like I was beat up, yet have no bruising, but that's how I feel. I feel as if my body went through a war.

I also have an issue with feeling that way due to my triptan (Frova). It makes the back of my arms achy and feel kinda flu like.

As Cindy said, no question here is too petty, stupid, dumb, any of that. As she said, without asking about it, how will you know?

I think we have all asked our fair share of questions while getting to know more about this disease. The good thing though, we all understand because we all go through it too!

This article: Anatomy of a Migraine is a great one to reference. It tells us about all the stages of Migraine, including postdrome - which can include feeling icky for days after an attack.

Eileen Gray

"The most authentic thing about us is our capacity to create, to over come, to endure, to transform, to love and to be greater then our suffering." - Ben Okri
Please donate!!! Click below to donate to the AHDA - THANK YOU!!!
http://www.networkforgood.org/....aspx?badgeId=102755
my blog: http://fireinmybrain.blogspot.com

Posts: 3155 | Location: Hopatcong, NJ | Registered: 09-08-2007Report This Post
Forum Moderator
Supreme Guru
Picture of dragondroolHOST
posted Hide Post
Oh, yeah. I've done the head soreness thing a lot. It's pretty much a resolution phase thing for me, as everything resets.

Dragondrool
Forum Moderator

~~8=:>>>>

Posts: 6478 | Location: Montana | Registered: 01-11-2007Report This Post
Maven
Picture of Cyn
posted Hide Post
Me too Dutchess!

Nope - no such thing as a petty question when it comes to migraines! We're all in this boat together! Thumbs Up

Cyn

graceforthestom.blogspot.com

Posts: 554 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 11-19-2008Report This Post
Master
Picture of lisa ebk
posted Hide Post
Yes! My head and my whole body sometime, I call it my "hit by a bus" phase of a migraine. Although strangely sometimes lightly pulling my hair seems to help this. Go figure.

lisa

Posts: 315 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 03-21-2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
So... I'm dealing with my first migraine (age 47) and hopefully my last!
But I have the sore scalp thing, which is why I arrived here during my search.
But it's even more weird than that... not only is my scalp sore, but when I touch my scalp, or scratch the top of my head, it feels numb, like your face feels with novacaine. The sore scalp is mostly bothersome while sleeping, because I can only lay on one side, and then my neck gets stiff. Been going on for 9 days, now.

Forum Moderator
Supreme Guru
Picture of dragondroolHOST
posted Hide Post
-:¦:-•:*'""*:•.-:¦:-•*Hello!*•-:¦:-•:*'''''*:•-:¦:-•*Welcome to the family!*•-:¦:- •:*'""*:•.-:¦:-

Hello and welcome to our forum family! Our goal is to provide everyone with the information and support that we all need to manage our Migraines and/or headaches. To that end, we consider this a “safe harbor,” where nobody tries to sell us anything, and we all use “family-friendly” language so parents are comfortable letting their children read the forum with them.

Please take a few minutes to review our policies and guidelines along with the other information in the START HERE folder. For information about Migraines, a good article to begin with is Learning About Migraines - Where to Start.

I will add my rooting and hoping to your pile that this is your last migraine.

I do notice that you mention you're on day nine. If this is continuous, with no complete breaks of four or more hours (not counting sleep), then you're in status migrainous, which really needs to be addressed. You can read about status here...

Status Migrainous ~ The Basics

Dragondrool
Forum Moderator

~~8=:>>>>

Posts: 6478 | Location: Montana | Registered: 01-11-2007Report This Post
<Nancy Harris Bonk>
posted
Hi Rick and welcome to the forum.

As droolie said, your current Migraine has been going on too long and needs to be broken. You can talk to your doctor about how to do that. Some us a steroid pack while others use IV infusion treatment. Let me give you information on this; IV Infusion Treatment for Refractory Migraines.

Allodynia is a condition where normally pain free things become painful. Like brushing your hair, putting on a hat and so on. Some people only have it when they have a Migraine while others have it all the time Thumbs Down .

Report This Post
Master
Picture of Cris1971
posted Hide Post
I have allodynia with my migraines, I can compleatly realte with the"hit by a bus stage".

Apprentice
Picture of Toaster
posted Hide Post
Oh, yeah, I definitely get post-headache soreness--I'm having it right now! Frowner For me, it's the worst in my neck and shoulders; that whole area absolutely KILLS after a bad migraine. However, my entire head feels tender as well, especially back of the head/base of the skull. I've tried cool pad, etc., which help a little, but I've mostly found that I just have to ride it out.

Posts: 114 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: 09-20-2010Report This Post