MyMigraineConnection.com

See all our sites for your special health needs at www.HealthCentral.com

Migraine

Make a connection, ask a question, share a concern, give advice or just chat. Our message boards connect you with a community of people who understand where you’re coming from and what you’re going through.

Migraine Community  Hop To Forum Categories  MyMigraineConnection  Hop To Forums  Questions and Answers    static migraine

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
static migraine
 Login/Join 
Fledgling
posted
hi all
I just went though a severe migraine that lasted for 6 days..I am almost feeling normalSmiler
can anyone tell me about static migraines?
Thank you

Posts: 22 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 08-24-2008Report This Post
Forum Moderator
Supreme Guru
Picture of dragondroolHOST
posted Hide Post
I'm assuming you mean status migraine, which is the term to describe migraine that goes past the 72-hour mark.

Here's our Status Migrainous ~ The Basics article for you. If you have any other questions about it, feel free to ask.

It's good to hear you're feeling better and closer to normal. Smiler

Dragondrool
Forum Moderator

~~8=:>>>>

Posts: 6478 | Location: Montana | Registered: 01-11-2007Report This Post
Fledgling
posted Hide Post
Thank you very much..sorry for getting the wording wrong...now I know why my doctor said if my migraines last longer than 2 days to go to the ER, I just feel so stupid going there though..and it makes me mad when they write "headache" on the intake form and you wait 8 hours in a brightly lit waiting room.

Posts: 22 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: 08-24-2008Report This Post
Sage
Picture of Kelly FlywithHope
posted Hide Post
Hi WandaJean!

Welcome to the forum! Glad you are here!

Just wanted to chime in and say that sunglasses are my friend. Fluorescent lights really bother me. I wear them everywhere. Thumbs Up

Yay that you are feeling better!

Kelly

my blog: http://flywithhope.blogspot.com/

"Though perseverance does not come from our power, yet comes within our power." - St. Francis de Sales

Posts: 1127 | Location: IL | Registered: 11-11-2007Report This Post
Forum Moderator
Supreme Guru
Picture of dragondroolHOST
posted Hide Post
No worries on the wording, WandaJean. I'm just happy to have been able to help find you some info on what you're looking for.

As for going to the ER, I see no reason at all for you to feel stupid. You're doing just what you need to do, just as you're supposed to, and trying to get that migraine stopped. That's super intelligent. It's the ER's procedures that aren't so bright in the carrying out department.

Dragondrool
Forum Moderator

~~8=:>>>>

Posts: 6478 | Location: Montana | Registered: 01-11-2007Report This Post