MyMigraineConnection.com

See all our sites for your special health needs at www.HealthCentral.com

Migraine

Make a connection, ask a question, share a concern, give advice or just chat. Our message boards connect you with a community of people who understand where you’re coming from and what you’re going through.

Migraine Community  Hop To Forum Categories  MyMigraineConnection  Hop To Forums  Migraine Triggers    Myofascial release as trigger
Page 1 2 

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Myofascial release as trigger
 Login/Join 
Forum Moderator
Supreme Guru
Picture of dragondroolHOST
posted Hide Post
Fingers Crossed droolie talons crossed Fingers Crossed

Dragondrool
Forum Moderator

~~8=:>>>>

Posts: 6478 | Location: Montana | Registered: 01-11-2007Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
It's me again. I switched orthpedic guys ( whole amazingly stupid story there too) and the new guy wants to do guess what ! PT!!

I attempted to explain the problem in great detail to the poor chick at PT. Obviously it made no impact. She yanked and flopped and rotated my shoulder all around.

About an hour after the PT I knew I was doomed, but I really needed to not cancel my son's piano lesson since we'd missed the week before when both kids had horrendous colds. So like so many of us, I sucked it up and made it through the next hr and half. By the time I got home the aura had set in. Grrrrrrr. I told the kids that I was taking meds and going to bed. DS replied- I could tell you were getting one cuz your voice was all weird in the car coming home. Frowner Oh geez. It's just sad that my kids know my oncoming migraine signs.

I really wish I could get somebody to listen to me. Frowner

Amy

Posts: 360 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 06-22-2009Report This Post
Apprentice
Picture of Melanie Jane
posted Hide Post
Amy, I am so sorry to hear you went through this again with a new orthopedist and physical therapist. Head Banging If it were me I think I'd be telling the new orthopedist that four times is enough already; clearly PT is not the solution for you. It has triggered MORE PAIN every time you've done it, and you need a better solution. Ask him what else he can do for you. Yes

Posts: 227 | Location: LA County, California | Registered: 02-25-2009Report This Post
<Nancy Harris Bonk>
posted
Doesn't it make you wonder why they went into the health care field if they are going to listen to anything their patients say!

Thumbs Down

Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
So I went again on Wednesday. Yes, apparently I am THAT stupid. And of course the migraine happened. (I didn't even make it home before that inside of the eye socket pain thing started) And this one was even more fun Crying becuase it was accompanied by shoulder pain so bad I literally laid down on the bed for a while and kicked the mattress and screamed into my pillow like a 2yr having a temper tantrum.

Perocet barely touched it. I was in so much pain I gave Roll Eyes 2 seconds thought to chasing that percocet with a fifth of tequila. Hey it sounded like a plan for those 2 seconds. Devil

So now what do I do? I left a message with the PT people. They never called back. I assume they are expecting me again next Wednesday. I really want to tell them to take a hike (straight into that blizzard that's about to hit Boston would be nice) I have already messed up at work 2x this week because the pain level is just melting my brain.

Amy

Posts: 360 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 06-22-2009Report This Post
Forum Moderator
Supreme Guru
Picture of dragondroolHOST
posted Hide Post
First off, Group Hug Group Hug Group Hug!

Second off, you take that "stupid" bit back! You are not stupid. Not one iota. You're doing the best you can with what you've got to work with, taking legitimate steps to try and find lasting relief, which you more than deserve. You're doing everything right. It's not your fault the outcomes haven't been paying off like they're supposed to, and things are being stubborn.

I think you've given this all more than a fair shot. It is possible that PT just isn't for you. Sometimes a different practitioner with a different methodology makes a huge difference, and sometimes it just simply doesn't. I don't blame you at all after several tries over for wanting the PT people to take a hike. It might be time to break it off. Only you can really decide that. But don't be hard on yourself. You tried your best, and tried more than most people would if they went through what you have.

Third off, Group Hug Group Hug Group Hug, for good measure.

I wish I could fix this for you. I would in a nanoheartbeat. I think we all would.

quote:
Originally posted by amoler:
So I went again on Wednesday. Yes, apparently I am THAT stupid.

So now what do I do? I left a message with the PT people. They never called back. I assume they are expecting me again next Wednesday. I really want to tell them to take a hike (straight into that blizzard that's about to hit Boston would be nice) I have already messed up at work 2x this week because the pain level is just melting my brain.

Dragondrool
Forum Moderator

~~8=:>>>>

Posts: 6478 | Location: Montana | Registered: 01-11-2007Report This Post