ChronicPainConnection.com

See all our sites for your special health needs at www.HealthCentral.com

Chronic Pain

Make a connection, ask a question, share a concern, give advice or just chat. Our message boards connect you with a community of people who understand where you’re coming from and what you’re going through.

Chronic Pain Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Chronic Pain Connections  Hop To Forums  General Discussion    Lower Back Pain and neuropathy
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lower Back Pain and neuropathy
 Login/Join

Picture of Patti
posted
ConfusedPlease if anyone knows of a pain med other than vicodin and all of the other arthritis meds that do not work please reply and recommend. Also if anyone knows of anything other than Lyrica and Neurontin for Neuropathy pain please reply and recommend. Suffering needlessly in this day and age! Frowner
cravpa@aol.com

Patti

Posts: 8 | Location: Reading PA | Registered: 02-03-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chrissy
posted Hide Post
Patti,
I'm sorry to hear you are in such pain. It's such a terrible thing to live through on a daily basis. Can I ask how long were you on the lyrica? I am also on Lyrica and it's taken about 2 months for me to find that it's made a difference that I can tell. Whew, the first few weeks on the stuff was pretty tough. No major side effects except for stumbling around like I was drunk half the time. I'm not taking it for back pain, but for damaged nerves from TMJ and it was causing me major migraines. Though I too have had my share of back pain. I was in an accident in 2000 where I compressed 3 discs in my back and damaged my sciatic nerve and couldn't lift my right foot off the ground for three weeks. I did find that PT helped alot also I started doing some low grade yoga at that time that really helped to build up the damage I had done to the ligaments and muscles in my back. Again, I'm very sorry for what you're going through and though I can't offer any other advice at this time, I just wanted to offer you support and encouragement. I hope you find some relief soon and please keep us posted on how you're doing, especially if you find something different that works for you.
Best Wishes,

Chrissy

Sharepost: Chrissy, living with it!

Posts: 36 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 02-16-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Patti
posted Hide Post
SmilerHi Chrissy and it sounds like you have had your share of pain experiences and with Lyrica. No I never felt as though I was drunk but I did just have an appt with my PCP and he did increase my dose to 600 mgs per day rather than 300 mgs! He also added something called chromium piccinate and vitamin B- complex for the neuropathy and I am still waiting to see if there are any improvements. As far as my back pain still only tewmporary relief with vicodin but I guess I have to learn to live with this. I also wanted to thank you for your reply and concern for my discomfort while experiencing your own. I will as you requested keep you posted!

Patti

Posts: 8 | Location: Reading PA | Registered: 02-03-2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post