ChronicPainConnection.com

See all our sites for your special health needs at www.HealthCentral.com

Chronic Pain

Make a connection, ask a question, share a concern, give advice or just chat. Our message boards connect you with a community of people who understand where you’re coming from and what you’re going through.

Chronic Pain Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Chronic Pain Connections  Hop To Forums  General Discussion    si injection did not work
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

si injection did not work
 Login/Join

posted
I had a si injection thursday it's now monday and i am still hurting some times more than before shot. What is the next step since shot did not work?

James

Phil. 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Posts: 2 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: 11-01-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of gregory8846
posted Hide Post
Hi Jmagmax:
Hello and welcome to our site you will always have a home away from home here on this
site. There are a lot of very interesting folks
here that will lend a ear and a prayer always for you. Were one huge extended family of Chronic Pain Folks and we care very deeply about a brother sister or anyone in pain. You asked a very good question no injection is ever guranteed to work. I had them all done and they never did much for the pain or swelling just made them both a lot worse. Are you taking any medications to help control your pain and your swelling. Remember done get hung up with a doctor that says you must do all the injections or he or she won't write for narcotic pain medication. In fact this is illegal for a doctor to bribe a patient by holding one like a carrot to a rabbits mouth. Most of the times when all the injections that you have gone through and they still don't work the doctor will send you back to your Family Doctor and won't write pain medications any more. I don't get along with Pain Doctors very well but thats me and i don't want you to put all pain doctors in one category like they do patients sometimes. If you can find a good family doctor to write your prescriptions that works out best. There are no hoops to jump through this way. Basic Urine tests are done to make sure your taking the medication that your taking for pain. You will also find that a lot of doctors will have you sign a contract that will ensure that you will only get pain medications from one doctor and one certain pharmacy. See you gave me a very limited history about your medical problem, was your injury do to age or a accident . Its hard to say where you should go, have you had a MRI study done a CT Scan or a PET Scan or a EMG test done, (nerve conduction study) All these test are important to be done and for you to have your basic questions answered by your doctor, although its rare that the doctors has time to explain all the test results so that the patient can understand them, thats where a lot of the great folks here have a understanding about they may have been through the same or similar tests that you have had done or will be having done. So please let us know a little more info about you and i would be thrilled as would the rest of the folks here that maybe able to help you. Good luck and take care.

Greg Armstrong

Over the last several years i have been involved in Emergency Medical Medicine. I started out as a Paramedic Fire Fighter and also a Deputy Sheriff . I devoted the majority of my life to Public Service. I have also over the past several years i have been teaching Emergency Medicine to third year Medical Students. Those who want to make there living in the Emergency Departments of hosptials.

Posts: 382 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 06-17-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jmagmax:
I had a si injection thursday it's now monday and i am still hurting some times more than before shot. What is the next step since shot did not work?
hi,i had 2 shots and was the same the next step for me was another mri and an epidural which made me worse,but lots of people get great relief.i hope you are one of these and you ge some help with your pain take care shelsers

Posts: 36 | Location: ireland | Registered: 09-09-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It appears OP is in a different country so it would be difficult to say what they have to go through.

I have had every shot, MRI, CT, Xray, Mylogram, Discgram, etc that you can have. Knowing that, when I go to a PCP or a PD they are much more likely to understand I am in real pain and help me. I find that having pharmacy records, as well as your MRI's and such on a CD plus recent urine tests helps establish a trust relationship.

I also make it known that I will come in any time any place for a Urine test, but that I am also open to blood, or hair, and that also shows that I have nothing to hide. I bring my meds to my appointments, and they trust me, they don't even count them, I've never called in for an early refill, etc.

Juat a few things to think about and maybe those will help you with your Dr.

Posts: 5 | Location: CA | Registered: 10-16-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of greg8846
posted Hide Post
Hi Bill:
I hope that your having a good weekend and i agree with your honesty any doctor would be
glad to have you as a patient. Good luck and take care.

Greg L,.Armstrong

Posts: 314 | Location: Greenville  | Registered: 11-03-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post