ChronicPainConnection.com

See all our sites for your special health needs at www.HealthCentral.com

Chronic Pain

Make a connection, ask a question, share a concern, give advice or just chat. Our message boards connect you with a community of people who understand where you’re coming from and what you’re going through.

Chronic Pain Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Chronic Pain Connections  Hop To Forums  Medication    New Pain Medication Just Approved
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Pain Medication Just Approved
 Login/Join

posted
I came across this, and thought some might be interested.

FDA approved it just yesterday (7/16/09)

It is a rapid absorption Fentanyl oral disk called Onsolis.
It enters bloodstream in minutes vs. the 30 or so it takes for a pill.
It should be on the market this fall.

http://www.bdsinternational.com/onsolis_pub.php

Posts: 6 | Registered: 06-04-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
do you know who makes this drug? your link was disabled when I tried to check it out. thanks

Posts: 1 | Registered: 08-17-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of shelly067
posted Hide Post
If I'm not mistaken, BioDelivery Sciences International, Inc. (BDS International) is the maker of this drug.

Posts: 2 | Location: wilmington,nc | Registered: 08-26-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Laura
posted Hide Post
Hello Shelly,
Do you remember me? It is Laura. We spoke the last time I posted several months ago.
This new fentanyl pill sounds like it will work wonders!I used to take the fentanyl lollipops and then the 30 minute pills. Unfortunately, my Insurance Co. only pays for half of my medications and it use to cost me $700.00 a month for my fentanyl medication. I begged my Dr.(I guess he helped produce the fentanyl pill)to come up with another medication option! Eventually, I ended up with methadone for pain medication(some Dr's believe my methadone medication is a street drug).LoL!
Blessings,
Laura

Posts: 237 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: 04-12-2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post